Do you have examples of any of these jars, and can you determine whether the error is due to embossing?
1. 208-3 Ball IDEAL PATD JULY 14, 1909 (date error)
2. 208-4 Ball IDEAL PATD JULY 14, 1808 (date error)
3. 208-6 Ball IDEA (error) reverse: PATD JULY 13, 189 (date error) - the JULY date is probably embossed correctly as 14 - that is what is shown in the line drawing in the Fruit Jar Works for # 238 (the old number for this jar).
4. 223-6 Ball MPROVED
5. 223-7 Ball MPROVED
6. 234-16 all (3L - no B) MASON
7. 255 Ball (missing 3L loop) MASON'S PATENT 1858 (if the loop is ghosted rather than missing then it is 254-5)
8. 264-6 THE BALL MASON'S PATENT NOV 30 1858 (no underline under TH) - if the TH is underlined or a filled mold underline, then it is 264-5